Sunday, June 24, 2012

Maple / Caramel Angel Food Cake with Raspberry Chai and Fresh Strawberries


Everyone needs some yummy quick fix recipes, even a chef. It was 5:30 on a Friday afternoon, my feet were  propped up and I was reveling in the sweet success of another beautifully executed catering event when all of a sudden I remembered that the dear hubs needed a covered dish for a concert reception on Friday evening.

Oops! I had totally forgotten to put something together for him.

Not only was I pooped from all the cooking I'd been doing in the catering kitchen, my window of opportunity to prepare something wonderful was very small.

I had to think fast and get creative in short order.

That's when I came up with this idea after taking stock of the situation.

I had Angel Food Cake stashed away in the freezer, maple syrup and fresh strawberries in the refrigerator, pumpkin seed granola in the pantry and a bit of Raspberry Chai in the freezer. Perfect. I was about to create a new recipe, and one that anyone could make, regardless of their level of culinary expertise.

Since it was a fairly big potluck, I opted for a disposable plate that I wouldn't need to worry about getting back at the end of the evening.

Maple Caramel Angel Food Cake with Raspberry Chai, Strawberries and Pumpkin Seed Granola
by Chef Kathi

Directions:

Simply place Angel Food Cake on Plate. Drizzle with Maple Glaze. ( I used small amounts of pure maple syrup, milk and powdered sugar and mixed well.) Fill center hole with fluffy Raspberry Chai. Top Chai and surround cake with fresh Florida strawberries. Sprinkle top of cake with Pumpkin granola. Then drizzle with caramel sauce. Wrap and refrigerate until it's time to take it to the event.

All-in-all I don't think this took more than 10 minutes to assemble. ~ Chef Kathi


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: